Six Step Process For Beginners
The attraction and popularity of Affiliate Marketing is growing everyday. It is very difficult to resist the opportunity of passive income. However, you are going to have to put in some work first before the passive income can happen. To be successful at Affiliate Marketing, you are going to have to complete a number of important steps before you earn your first affiliate profit. And these steps are in no way passive. The good news is that if you are willing to work hard and are determined to make this work, you are well on your way to success in Affiliate Marketing.
Step One: 3 Ways To Choose A Niche
1. The most popular way to Choose a Niche is to do something you love or like very much. Or you can go with a niche that an interest a passion. This can include a hobby or a particular lifestyle of which you have an interest. This can be a great idea because you are already very experienced and knowledgeable on the topic.
2. The second choice is to choose a niche where you may have professional expertise and/or experience. This can also include your personal expertise and/or experience. For example, if your chosen profession is financial, you could be considered and expert in the field.
3. The third way to select a niche is to come up with a fresh idea of something you would like to start doing. This could include a new hobby, lifestyle, or maybe a new group you would like to join. Since you are just getting started at it yourself, you actually become your audience or target market. This puts you in the perfect position, which gives you insight and empathy with your market.
Step 2: Research and Find Suitable Affiliate Programs
1. Affiliate Networks are websites that actually control the affiliate program for a particular merchant. You can visit any affiliate network and you will see hundreds of merchants listed. They are just waiting for affiliates to sign up to their program. Most of these networks are either pay per lead or pay per sale.
2. You can go directly to the merchant’s websites. Some merchants choose to handle their own affiliate sales and payments. For example, most large, established companies have an affiliate program which is run from their website. If you see a product that others are selling and you are interested in selling, the first place you should visit is the merchant’s website. Most will have an affiliate link for more information and how to join their particular program Choose only reputable merchants who are known to pay commissions when they are due.
3. Check out related websites to your chosen niche. See what your competition is selling and find and research the affiliate program for that product. If you do your due diligence upfront, you will discover the websites that offer products that actually sell, not one’s sitting in the shelves. Please note:
4. Install and study Adsense banners. Everyone knows that Google knows what sells well and with what content it is sold. I’m thinking; why not steal their ideas? You can place Adsense on your blog or website and observe what ads appear and on what pages. Once you observe the pages that earn good money from Adsense, you can remove Adsense from your site and support the successful products.
Step 3: Build Your Website
Folks, this is an easy one. WordPress is the only website building platform I use and I recommend. I have some free resources for you to build a website at the push of a button. This includes free step-by-step tutorials and full-length videos. This is an integral part of the Wealthy Affiliate Marketing Program.
Every successful business starts with a solid foundation, your website. You can create and grow your business with the SiteRubix website platform exclusively at Wealthy Affiliate. And it is not just about websites. They have some of the most up to date, useful, and integrated tools for website analysis, management, ranking, and security. It is so ridiculously easy to use and it is also surprisingly fun. The building of websites has never been this awesome.
Step 4: Produce Excellent Content
Your goal for your website is to establish it as the authority website in your chosen niche. The best way to do this is to consistently produce unique and high quality content. The two most popular methods are:
Product reviews. Your affiliate website business model could be based off of writing reviews about many different products or services. This is a very popular and common business model and if done well, can be proven to be very useful in generating affiliate online income.
Blog posts. They can address many common questions, problems or social issues relevant to your given target market. Creating blog content is a very effective and useful way of consistently building content on your website. It is also very important to research competitors, social media, and forums, to help narrow down the topics for your blog.
Quality content should contain these 3 components:
Design. Your website should be professionally designed, engaging and attractive. It should also be easy to navigate to enable it to quickly gain your visitor’s interest and attention.
Actual Content. Your website should be focused on your visitor’s interests. It should also address the main question of “what’s in it for me?” and how it can improve their personal lives and their businesses.
Strategy and tactics. Determine what your online business should look like. Decide how it should position itself online and what Internet components are critical to making your online business a big success. You ultimately have to decide how you can best communicate and reach your customers.
Step 5: Build Your Audience
Building your audience for your website will follow naturally once you start producing excellent content. An interested audience will bring you consistent traffic and will result in consistent sales for you. So how do you start building an audience for a completely new site? Here are some ideas on how to build an audience for your new website:
Promote your content via social media.
The easiest and most common way to start building an audience for a website is via social media. Your goal is to build up an engaged and interested following on social media. It is also a great opportunity to build relationships. When you have their trust, you can promote your products and services to them.
Build an email list.
An email list is extremely critical for every affiliate marketer. You can build up your email list with a lead magnet or you can encourage your audience to sign up for your updates. You then push your content to your audience through email and then direct them to your affiliate online offers.
Good SEO Techniques
It is extremely important that your website is optimized for search engines, as well. You should always keep your reader in mind when creating your content. You can either learn SEO yourself or you can hire an experienced SEO marketer. Either way, this can help you maximize your on and off page SEO opportunities for the website. Your website will then start to appear in search results that are relevant to your chosen niche. This will move you much closer towards building your audience and most importantly, your sales.
Invest in paid advertising.
Many affiliate marketers opt to use paid advertising to help generate additional traffic to their website, which will help drive more sales. Paid advertising on social media is an option or you can consider taking out an inexpensive banner ad on a smaller niche website.
Step 6: Promote Affiliate Offers
You can now promote your offers so many ways. It depends on the type of website that you have built and also what you are selling. Some ideas may include:
Write honest, real reviews about products. Build up trust with your audience, and remember that they rely on your opinion. Be sure to not just point out all the positives of a product, but be honest about the negatives. Your honest opinion will be valued by the reader. Add compelling images and make mention of useful features and benefits along with the specifications.
You can also put banners on your website to promote your affiliate products. Most affiliate programs will provide their creative when you sign up for their particular offers. Banner ads, if placed in the right location, will do an excellent job of driving your sales.
Once you have built up your email list, you can then promote your affiliate offers through email promotions. You need to first build up a relationship with your audience before going for the hard sell. The emails that you send out will contain your affiliate links to products to be sure the sale is attributed to y
Lastly, when promoting affiliate offers, just make sure you are fully aware of all the terms and conditions attached to your affiliate program. Also, make sure you have a disclaimer on your website that will advise your audience that you could have links that are promoting affiliate offers.
Thanks for visiting and reading my post. Please join me in the Wealthy Affiliate Program to learn and implement all of the above aspects of Affiliate Marketing. Also, please feel free to leave questions and/or comments below to help me better serve you.